Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Teacher Workdays!

Well, it's 7:15 on my third day of workdays. Joel has work now too, so I feel like we're getting into the swing of things. It's so busy! We both had good days yesterday, and I went home to get some more things for my classroom. I talked to my parents for a while and got some yummy cake from my mom, and I came home to Joel making a delicious dinner-blackened chicken and fried green tomatoes. We had to buy things for school after dinner, and then we came back and worked on school stuff. I baked cookies for my grade level team but they didn't turn out so well, so I don't think I'll take them in. I spent a long time picking out an outfit for Meet the Teacher night (today), practiced my introductions with Joel (who laughed at me) and read through all the profile cards of my students. I can tell it's going to be a busy year, but we're really motivated, so I know it's going to be so rewarding.

In other news-Laura's little girl isn't here yet but I can't wait! Maybe tonight at girls night???

1 comment:

Laura Robinson said...

First off, feel free to bring those cookies to girls night if they are sub par for the teachers! A cookie is a cookie to me!!!

Second off, this child does not seem to want to leave my body just yet, but maybe girls night, and some second hand cookies will do the trick :)

See ya later alligator