Thursday, December 04, 2008

End of the Week

1) Thanksgiving was great. Lots of food. Mostly relaxing. I couldn't sleep until about 12:30 Sunday night and read The BFG until I drifted off.

2) I taught division using marshmallows this week. How fun!

3) Parent conferences this week have been really in depth and I feel like it's my classroom and I am in charge of it.

4) Not sure how this happened so suddenly, but I'm back to my pre-student teacher weight and that's not ok. So I am going to go back on my teaching diet (which meant I was too busy to eat snacks and all my meals were extremely healthy). I went shopping tonight and...ugh...terrible. I hate letting myself go.

5) Last night my husband came back with yummy Whole Foods dinner, a rosemary tree (bush? plant.), and a Newsweek. How sweet.

6) Over the break, we bought pecans at the Farmer's Market, and I spent two whole evenings shelling pecans.




And then last night I made homemade granola.

Here's the recipe:

* 3 cups rolled oats
* 2/3 cup sliced almonds
* 2/3 cup chopped pecans
* 2/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and
* 1/4 molasses


DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir oats, nuts and sunflower kernels together. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, honey, molasses, vanilla and cinnamon. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Spread mixture onto two ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake in preheated oven, for 10 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and continue baking until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing.




And here's a picture of the hubs and I on our first Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

You are absolutely adorable!!

My word is "tadelec" ... sounds like a car name or maybe a spice. Could go either way!

We should all try to get together before the craziness of the holidays hits. I am officially on vacation until January 7th ... I would love to see you (I still love you even though you have "let yourself go" which is just a crazy idea to me!!

Anonymous said...

hubs and "me"