Friday, February 13, 2009

I love Valentine's Day :)

Homemade cupcakes with homemade buttercream icing:
















So this week has been pretty good in the world of teaching.

I am realizing more and more how much I need the Lord to change my heart...there are so many things I need to do better. I want to be more patient and not show favoritism. I also want to be wise in how I discipline, and not discipline in anger, and also show students the consequences of their actions without crushing them. I really need help in this area-sometimes I'm too soft, sometimes too hard, and it's hard to just be fair.

But I do love my class. They are so much fun, even on bad days. And they have such ridiculously funny personalities and quirks...I love getting to know them.

In other news, I am loving the technology we have in our class. I created 2 assessments on the Promethean (interactive whiteboard) for today. My kids were really engaged and we had a ton of fun. Plus, it was a good "check for understanding."

We had our Valentine's Day party today. A parent brought in some snacks, and with all the candy my kids were insane. We played outside for a while after that. I got really cheesy valentines, and I love it. I told my kids all week how much I loved Valentine's Day. So we all got pretty into it.

I love these gifts from kids:
















Yesterday, Joel got home late from the gym. I know it's silly, but I just got worked up worrying about him. I tried calling him, but he didn't answer. So my mind started racing with all the possible places he could be lying in the middle of the road. I was 10 minutes from jumping in my car to look for him, when he walked in the door with:

















He had gone to the store to pick up milk and bought me these beautiful flowers! He didn't want to ruin the surprise so he didn't answer the phone. I burst into tears...and felt really silly about the whole thing. Joel just laughed at me...which I understand considering I kept saying, "I'm so glad you're alive!"

I absolutely LOVE fresh flowers.




























Truly, I am thankful for our nights together. This week, we watched Lord of the Rings and some other favorite TV shows tonight. I haven't brought any work home and we've just enjoyed laughing and relaxing. It's really nice to be able to get through a tough day at work because you are looking forward to eating Chick-fil-a with your best friend. Really, it's the little things.








No comments: