Thursday, July 02, 2009

Beach baking!

Yet again, I'm headed to the beach this weekend...and this time I'm responsible for breakfast and lunch on Saturday.

Breakfast:
Blueberry muffins and biscuits (can't help myself)



















Fruit
Eggs/sausage?

Lunch:
Turkey burgers (the picture looks gross-but look at all that veggie goodness in there!)















Pasta salad














A little carb heavy...but who wants to eat broccoli at the beach?
Tyler and Joel served as my taste-testers and approved it all.

My kitchen was a wreck halfway through, but it's all cleaned up now.















I would have started this whole cooking shindig earlier in the week..but life got in the way!
oel and I got home at 9 from helping Meredith move, and I realized-uh oh! I haven't made anything for the weekend.

I spend two and a half hours cooking and then cleaning up the kitchen, but it was actually fun. I was able to recover all my songs that I thought I had lost when my computer died-bonus! I had lots of catching up to do on all my old iTunes songs. I found all the songs Yolanda had sent me from Spain...so I spent a good hour reminiscing about Santiago. Among the other artists I rediscovered: K's Choice, Alison Krauss and Union Station, Jump, Jon Foreman, Mindy Smith, Regina Spektor...could I be any happier?


2 random notes:

I'm not sure if I ever posted this picture of Grace Elizabeth in my hater blockers, but even if I have, it's a good repeat. She's so big now, I'm sure these sunglasses would fit her ;)



















Tonight, I love these three songs:




No comments: