Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's been a while!

So much has happened this weekend... my goodness.

I wish I had time to post everything but I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say it was hectic and exhausting. Sunday, I went out to lunch for my mom's birthday. The third grade teachers came over to film a video for a fundraiser at school. I went straight from there to Broughton High School to watch some Joyner kids play basketball. I left early to finish working on a present for Laura before her going away party that night. I finally finished at 6:20, so I jumped in my car and...it didn't start.

I was so upset because of how busy the whole weekend had been, how much I had to finish, and also how emotional I was about Laura moving. Joel said he'd been waiting for my "breakdown"! Well, I broke down into tears as I tried frantically to call friends to pick me up. Joel got on the phone with AAA (thank the Lord my parents got us that when we got married!) but my phone wasn't getting any reception. Finally, Joel got ahold of some friends that graciously turned around to pick me up. I wish I could have spent more quality time with Laura before she moved, but I'm glad I was able to get to the party.

This week, my classroom has still been...unpleasant. Rather than getting better, it's gotten worse. I've called a parent of one of the "ringleaders" and I hope this will help. I am sad that it's almost 4th quarter. I wish my classroom was different. But I've had encouragement from other teachers who've let me know that it's totally normal to have difficult classes and to be more hopeful for next year's class. I hate to admit that but it's the truth.

Today I went to a conference on the Middle East. It was really interesting, and I feel like I've learned so much in just one day. I'll be out tomorrow, too. I wonder what Friday will be like when I come back! Ah!

No comments: