Sunday, March 29, 2009

Trials and smiles

(Coming up with post titles is really difficult, but Kelsi needs them.)

This week, my car battery died not once, but TWICE. The second time was the day after I had taken it to the shop to get it looked at. Yes, I realize a car battery switch isn't a big deal, but considering this was a new battery anyway, we thought there was something wrong with the car. Sure enough some connectors were loose and weren't properly charging the battery. They said they fixed it the first time, but it died again in the Harris Teeter parking lot at 10pm in the rain...so I got it for real fixed yesterday.

Joel lost his wedding ring. This stinks especially because I don't think it was insured. We've learned our lesson.

His knee is healing well but it's still really hard for him to get around. It's been difficult to get everything done around the house but it's been manageable, I think.

Some good things:
We didn't have to pay a lot for the car to be fixed. They even gave us a new free battery.

My brother and his friend came over for dinner last night to celebrate my brother's birthday. We made DELICIOUS panko-crusted cod, roasted veggies, and brown rice. I made a cake with homemade buttercream icing and fondant! It was really fun.
We also went to Bahama Breeze for lunch today. We're crashing now-this weekend has been NON-STOP for us and now I'm lying on our bed, being lazy for a while.

I can't wait to visit L-Cat and the Nugget next weekend!

I get to teach some fun things this week with Google Earth. (A trial, however, is that a couple of students make it INCREDIBLY difficult to get through whole-group instruction. It makes me extremely nervous for how the lesson will go, and sometimes I don't even get through them. It makes me sad for the other kids who are really into the lessons.)

Enjoy the beautiful weather today!

1 comment:

Kelsi said...

Oh how I do appreciate your post titles!! You are so adorable ... we are moving on Tuesday and I can't wait to have you ladies over!!