Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stick a fork in me...I'm done.

Last day of school...I was definitely not as sad as I thought I'd be. I gave them journals and candy and hugs, but I was really ready for the end.

This afternoon, I felt completely drained. It was like I had nothing left to give.

I sat on my couch for a while. We went to Joel's parents' house for dinner and his mom gave me an old copy of The Sun and a Target gift card for trip supplies. I ate yummy falaffel and a bite of baklava. It was a good way to end the year.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Dom! Congratulations on getting the first year or teaching behind you. I KNOW you did an amazing job in many ways with those kids. I saw you at church today and noticed you got a hair cut. It looks really cute!! I hope you & Joel enjoy this summer and your trip to Turkey.