Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Sunday Sweets...from Saturday

I think when I got married, I envisioned having days like yesterday.

Joel and I went to the gym (separately) but met up at the park near our house. We shot baskets (well, Joel shot baskets. I laid down on the court and got some sun.) Then we took a walk! This may not sound exciting, but it's been months since we've been able to take a walk together. I am SO thankful that his knee is better. We always have our best conversations when we're running or walking outside.

We cleaned our house (not fun, but necessary) and Joel was AWESOME and cleaned the bathroom. What a sweetie. That's like the same as flowers for me.

We went grocery shopping at Whole Foods (a splurge).

Then we saw Star Trek, which was a really good movie. I'm not going to lie. I was thoroughly entertained.

We bought Mother's Day presents at the mall and went home to eat our Whole Foods dinner of pita, mozzarella, salad, and wine.

One thing we struggle with is having quiet times together. It seems like we can always fill our time with something else, but we've tried recently to read the Bible together more often. We knew going into marriage that we can have quiet times alone, but setting aside time together for this is something we have to do intentionally. We read Proverbs yesterday and I loved learning from him.

Anyway, it was a perfect day.

I got to have lunch with my mom today. Happy Mother's Day to moms out there! You are fabulous!

No comments: