Saturday, January 16, 2010

Africa and the Renaissance

I'm sure that title made you think I was going to post something extremely academic.


I'm not.


This morning, I went with some wonderful Meredith College girls to greet Meredith, a good friend who has spent the last few months in Uganda and has just returned! You can read about her adventures here. (I donned a puff-painted/glittered tshirt with the words, "U-gand-an done it! Welcome home!" I wish I could take the credit for the wit, but 'twas the brilliant idea of a fellow teacher. This is what we discuss at recess.)

After her warm, and loud, welcome at the airport, I went home to make myself some lunch. I am not lying to you: my chicken breast was in the shape of Africa. I'm just sayin'...


This afternoon, Joel and I are heading out for a little staycay at the Renaissance at North Hills. I'm extremely excited. The plan: a cute outfit, dinner where my salad makes me feel like I have a Roth IRA, and a movie. Can't wait!


On a random note, has anyone noticed how funny it is when someone from Eastern North Carolina says the word "Cheetos"? It's the over-enunciated "t" that makes me giggle.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Haha- that is hilarious. "the chicken breast was in the shape of Africa."