Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday is such a beautiful day

It's the end of the quarter. That fact brings with it : stress, exhaustion, and a definite readiness to start next week with new objectives. This happens every quarter...I bury myself in piles of grading and have high, high hopes to have all of my report cards finished early. This has not happened yet. I have, however, done half of my reading comments, which is a big deal. I'm planning on spending an afternoon this weekend in a corner of some cute coffee shop, being productive, while the hubs does his amazing writing across the table. While I drink a skinny latte, he'll have a water. He's not a fan of coffee, a fact I find baffling. How he gets up in the moring, I'll never know.


Speaking of the sweet, I've heard it said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. With my man, it involves a circuitous path around an XBox, sports highlights, Greg Laswell songs, and novels by Jose Saramago. But I tried nonetheless to make a yummy dinner, serving it on my wedding china. The favorite: cinnamon cupcakes for dessert. I realize that there are only 2 of us, but the batch makes 18. Not my fault at all.


It's 9:30 on a Friday. I've been in my pajamas for 5 hours. I plan on going to bed ridiculously early. I love the weekend.

No comments: