Monday, September 15, 2008

My days are kinda long...7am to 5 today. I usually do work about 9.5 hours. BUT what I love about being a teacher is that I still get home at 5, and sometimes sooner. And if I didn't stay after school I'd get home at 3:45. That's awesome.

It does frustrate me a little that I feel slightly clueless about how to integrate all the things I want to do and have learned at Meredith are "best practices"....I just don't know where they fit in my day. How did I fit in my anti-bullying curriculum I did my thesis on? How do I incorporate the Jigsaw classroom when so many of my kids are below grade level in reading? How do I create a classroom community, and leave time for classroom discussions? How do I engage my students so that they are motivated to learn? I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water as is. I still haven't unpacked my stuff in my parents' house, or the classroom things I've collected over the years.

I know I'm only into my fourth week of teaching, I just wish I could have started out on the right foot.

On a more positive note, I got to have coffee with my beautiful maid of honor, Ashley, at Third Place. When I got home, the hubs had made a DELICIOUS cheesesteak for dinner, and really, I could eat them everyday.

The end.

No comments: