Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Domestic Diva

OK so while I'm not the world's best cook, I do know how to make some decently yummy and quick meals. Most days, I crave pasta and steamed veggies. Not burgers. Not pizza. Honest to goodness, I want to eat this everyday. So tonight I tried to make a pasta salad, and it turned out pretty well.


Ingredients:
* whole wheat rotini pasta
* 1.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1.5 tablespoon mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip)
* salt and pepper to taste
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 (9 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
* cooked peas and corn.

It's super easy. I just whisked the mustard, mayo, salt and pepper, and olive oil together. Then I added the tuna. Then I added the cooked pasta and peas and corn. It would have been better with lemon juice, but alas, I was out.

I went for a run and put it in the fridge while I was out. I'm currently downing it (I think it's good energy food) and it's pretty good.

Alton Brown, look out.

No comments: