Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today was a long day.

I got to work at 6:57. School ends at 3:30. It is amazing how many little things happen in those few short hours. I am trying this new thing with some difficult kids. It's called "Go sit in the hallway if you are going to disrupt my class." I realize this sounds harsh, but I have come to the conclusion that these kids are doing most of it for attention. And it is really disrespectful to the whole class when I have them work independently while I give one-on-one attention to a child who is yelling out or generally being rude in my class. So while I'm not sure if this is "best practice," I am sane and the rest of the class is learning.

I stayed after school for 3 hours doing work.

Then I gave childcare for a Title 1 meeting (a total answer to prayer because I got some money for it!) and I just got home (around 8). Long day!

Phew. I'm off to eat some noodles and broccoli (all I had energy for) and watch some reality TV. The day is over.

No comments: