Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First day back

Last night I woke up at 1am, thinking it was 6am and time to get up. Joel is on spring break, so he was staying up late. But in my sleepy stupor, I thought he had slept in the living room! I stumbled down the hall, and I don't really remember what I said, but Joel said I was very confused about the fact that it wasn't wake-up time.

The morning started off rough. My kids had forgotten a lot of our procedures. One very difficult student definitely didn't want to start off 4th quarter on the right foot. I got observed by my principal (which was actually ok...)

But now that the first day is over, I don't feel so anxious. I have a college student coming to tutor some kids this week (yay extra help!!). I had lunch with some of my students. At the end of the day, two girls brought me little bouquets of flowers they had gathered at recess. One boy brought me macadamia brittle from Costa Rica! I started tutoring a new girl today who is a sweet as sugar.

I am ready for the day when I don't feel like throwing up when I go back to work on Monday. It's more the anxiety about what this one student will do and how I will handle it. It's that unpredictable behavior that throws me off.

Oh well. There were high points and low points, but all in all it wasn't so bad.

I am loving Weight Watchers. I know I'm only supposed to weigh myself once a week but it's hard to resist! I am going to the gym now with Christie-such an encouragement to not do this alone! AND I have 5 points left for the day. Helloooo pineapple cake :)

PS: My new favorite "WW" foods are: frozen grapes (0 points), turkey burgers (4 points!), roasted veggies (most are 0-2!) and angel food cake, strawberries, and fat-free cool whip (2 points!)

20 pounds from my goal!

No comments: