Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Words words words

Today a couple of teachers jokingly said they didn't know whether I was pregnant or not because I have a tummy. It hurt my feeling so much, although I didn't let them know. I was having a not-so-cute day anyway (horrible hair, yucky outfit, bad makeup...the works) and that was just icing on the cake. I've thought about it ALL day and I know that it's so silly that it affected me that much...it's just I've been working hard for a few weeks now. I was hoping the comments I'd get about my weight would be how it was DECREASING. Oh well...

I've exercised everyday for a week. I'm really proud of myself. I've been eating good foods and counting everything. It's such a big help to have friends that are doing it too. It makes me really excited for all of us to be healthy together!


This week at school has been really low-key. In my effort to not be a sluggard, I stayed behind today and filed away a ton of papers. I even asked my students to hold me accountable. I said that if my table wasn't clean by tomorrow morning, I'd buy them candy. They were excited, but I cleaned it! I guess I'll buy them candy anyway :)


I really want to reorganize my classroom. Things that are on my wish list:
-magazine files
-plastic drawers
-file folders
-letter organizers

If you have any extra that you'd like to donate...you know where to find me!


I'm also asking for prayers for my job next year. Without going into details, there are lots of cuts going around the county. My principal is working hard to save my job but I have no idea what's in store. I'm trusting the Lord with whatever He has planned, but I also want to be proactive and a "steady plodder" during this time of uncertainty. I know He will provide for our needs, and I want us to be good stewards. Thanks friends!

3 comments:

Angela Watson said...

Wow, that was NOT a funny joke. I can't believe that anyone, much less a woman, would laugh about someone looking pregnant?

Be encouraged--your hard work with dieting and exercise will pay off VISIBLY soon enough!

The Blonde Renstroms said...

Hey! it was so good meeting you last night... I can't believe you found my blog - ha, ha!

I'd love to workout with you sometime... Let me know if you ever need a workout partner :-) My e-mail is drenstrom@gmail.com

OH, and I would have been so upset too if someone had joked I was pregnant if I wasn't! What in the world?! Hope your day is better today!

Laura Robinson said...

Oh my gosh, you DON'T have a tummy. That makes me ill. I am so proud of you working so hard! It is encouraging to read about your success. I am down about 12 pounds now too! Keep up the good work and let me know if you want any good recipes for veggies. I've got a few great ones.