Friday, April 17, 2009

Wow, you look about a pound thinner.

When I told my brother I had lost 1.2 pounds last week, he joked with me all afternoon that I looked about a pound thinner. But now I can say that I've lost about 4 pounds!

I feel like I've been talking about WW all week, but it's been a very positive change in my life. I feel really motivated, and that I'm finally in control of my health and trying to lose weight in a healthy way. I've been really good about being active and staying within my daily points, but I also have been using my flex points to splurge a little. Yesterday I had the first piece of chocolate I'd had in 10 days! A sweet girl in my class gave me a piece of Ghiradelli chocolate, so I couldn't resist. Considering normally I ate 3-4 pieces of chocolate a day, I never thought I'd be able to give it up!


This first week back has gone pretty well. I've actually laughed a lot more with my kids, especially today. It's been nice to let loose a little more.


This weekend I'm looking forward to:
-buying some lawn furniture and plants
-going to the Red and White game
-grilling out with friends
-earning lots of activity points at the gym with Christie!

1 comment:

Kelsi said...

4 lbs ... way to go!! Seriously though, you always look beautiful to me. Stay motivated and make plans to see me soon!! I need my fix of girlfriends :)

Oh, send me your address when you get a chance. I am sending out "we moved" cards.