Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer cleaning

So I have been wanting to nest. But I can't nest in our place yet, so I have taken to cleaning, and canceling plans just so I can clean.

Today I have scrubbed bathroom floors in my house. I am sure that much Clorox should not have touched my skin. My mom and I are considering buying Greenworks cleaning products to be a little more environmentally friendly and a little less harmful to us.

One thing that I was thinking about today was that I am so thankful that Joel is a guy that will clean with me. I am really excited about being married to my best friend. When I am really nervous (which lately is a lot with a wedding coming up and teaching) Joel makes me feel so at ease. Another thing that I love is that when we go out to eat, we cannot sit facing each other. We sit side by side, and I love that. I guess I could go on, but I won't :)

This weekend my mom bought me some beautiful shoes and jewelry for the wedding...I absolutely love them. I wish I could wear them daily :) We are slowly getting things done. With 25 days left till the wedding, it really is crunch time. We're going out of town this weekend, but I'm trying to get lots done this week so I have little to do when we get back. I'm just really excited about coming back from the honeymoon together and it being our home. I won't have to leave at night or schedule when we can see each other during the week or have separate anything. It's such a huge commitment, but I am so thankful that I am making that commitment with my best friend.

No comments: