Friday, July 18, 2008

Today was a happy day.

Joel says I need to go into things with a better attitude, and he is right, and I'm glad he told me that because I need to be more positive.

I was kind of not looking forward to today. We had to run lots of errands and I knew we'd be very tired and we are trying not to spend money but we had to do lots of driving and buying presents and I am a professional worrier.

But it ended up being great. Praise the Lord.

We went to Joel's school and he picked up his students' AP scores-and they were great! They were about the same as his scores from last year, which were higher than the previous teacher's, and I am so very proud of him. He's such a great teacher.

Then we went to Smithfield to pick up his wedding band, and although it still is too big (this is the 3rd time we've had to order this ring), we went ahead and kept it. It's a Tungsten ring and they can't be resized, so every time he needs a new size we have to order a new one. We're going to go back after the wedding and order a new one, but with 8 (almost 7!) days to go, we couldn't gamble on it being back in time.

We ate a yummy lunch at Chick-fil-A (at 3pm) and then went to see The Dark Knight which was fantastic and really made us think and talk about things. It was incredibly creepy though, so I wouldn't see it again.

Then we tried to go run errands at the mall, but the mall makes us (me) cranky so we went back to the house to set things up and cook some dinner.

All he had in the cupboard was macaroni and cheese and also some frozen peas. And we ate that. And watched Americas Funniest Videos. And genuinely laughed. And it was then that I realized that we are actually 50 year olds that will go antiquing on Saturday mornings. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

No comments: