Here are 25 random things about myself....because I'm procrastinating. And I want the friends who read this to do this too, so I can learn about them!
1) I drink 2-3 diet sodas a day. I realize this is not healthy but it's a very hard habit to break (and I'm unwilling to break it!)
2) I never thought I'd be 22 and (happily) married. Commitment in general scares me.
3) I LONG to be a good decorator but I am limited by the feeling that I am throwing away money on frivolous things.
4) I always feel in-between. Not American, not Hispanic. Not ultra-conservative nor uber-liberal.
5) I hate being the center of attention.
6) I love family reality shows: Jon and Kate Plus 8, Wife Swap, Supernanny, 17 and Counting and also trashy shows like Bridezillas and My Big Fat Redneck Wedding.
7) I feel a slight twinge of guilt whenever I write a run-on sentence.
8) Going to the farmer's market makes me feel like a better person.
9) I loved being in school...and I cried at my Meredith graduation. I miss "academic" learning.
10) I feel so sad when I don't have dessert in the house. Like now.
11) I love to cook and bake for friends.
12) When I am extremely sad, I go to Shelly Lake to think and pray.
13) I want to have a big family.
14) I became a Christian when I was 12...under a big tent.
15) I recently went to my parents' house and found all my journals from the time I became a Christian until I got married. I'm so glad I kept them, and I wish I journaled more now.
16) I listen to NPR obsessively. I'm not sure how much I retain because I've been listening to Car Talk since I was a kid, and I still can't change a tire.
17) Before I got married, I was really scared of the dark and would have trouble sleeping. I have slept like a baby the last 6 months.
18) I don't think I am the sort of teacher I went into teaching to become...and I'm scared of what that means for my students.
19) I've always struggled with figuring out what my talents are. And I've always wanted a "visible" talent: singing, sports, art, writing...
20) Leaving Spain was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It took me a long time to get over it, and it still breaks my heart when I think about it.
21) I like reading non-fiction better than fiction. I'm also good at math. Joel is the opposite, and we think this is funny.
22) I'm excited about staying home with my kids.
23) I used to want to live on a commune.
24) I want to learn how to make more things at home (like the Duggars :) )
25) My favorite thing in the world is laughing with my husband.
So if you read this...I want you to do it too!