Thursday, November 13, 2008

I truly want these 2 children who come from crap homes with parents that are questionably doing the best they can- to get it together, stop screwing around, stop disrupting my class all the time, and freaking learn. And be on grade level. And not turn into the people in their neighborhood that do drugs and are in gangs at 14. Please Jesus. Please please please. Truly I want them to be so different.

(I hate that I suspended a child today. I want to cry. My heart hurts for him.)

Just being as honest as I can.

Currently I'm baking chocolate chip cookie bars (for my sweets craving and my parents who are coming for dinner tomorrow), trying to figure out a dinner for tomorrow night with limited ingredients, working on my IGP for my BT1 meeting (oh, acronyms), and watching great TV.

This is what I have in our kitchen:
sausage
pasta
tomato sauce
broccoli
potatoes
Curried kidney beans
cous cous
Northern beans
Green beans
homemade veggie soup
ground beef
chicken tenderloins
spinach leaves

Also...no more $ left for groceries this week in our budget.

ANY IDEAS FOR A NICE DINNER?

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

Just a couple of ideas:

Baked chicken tenderloins:
Season with salt and pepper and olive oil in baking dish.
Roasted rosemary potatoes:

Cube potatoes and toss with olive oil. Put in baking dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and crushed rosemary. Bake at 400 for 30-45 mins.

Sauteed Spinach or Brocoli:
(I like spinach best) Saucepan with butter.

OR

Use your ground beef to make spaghetti sauce and serve with the pasta.

OR

Homemade veggie soup would be great on this rainy, yucky day.

I hope those help ... it is all I have for 8:45am. :)

Kelsi said...

Oh I know you said no more grocery budget, and I don't know how much bread bowls cost ... but veggie soup served in bread bowls would be a neat way to "fancy" up soup for your guests.