Saturday, November 15, 2008

I have cleaned the kitchen so many times since last night

My menu last night for my parents was rosemary breaded chicken, rosemary and olive oil potatoes (thanks Kelsi), green beans (mmm), and bread. I made a chocolate chip cookie bar (ish) for dessert.

After cleaning the kitchen, I decided to make pumpkin muffins for people that were coming over later last night.

We went to Foster's, then Village Draft House...and generally had a good time out.

The girls just left this afternoon after watching Drop Dead Gorgeous and having lunch.

I am so thankful for all the great kitchen and dinnerware we received from the wedding. It makes having people over 1) possible and 2) fun.

My hubs is with a friend all day, so I think I'll spend my evening grocery shopping, grading papers, doing my Crown homework and watching my favorite show of all time, Freaks and Geeks.

I really want to take a walk but it's getting scary today. Stormy and whatnot.

One thing I just realized...I really like looking around our house and outside. There are so many trees outside our back window. Looking out on our deck that is covered with firewood to the trees at the back makes me feel a little bit like I live in the woods or the mountains. I love it. I also love looking around and remembering trips we've taken, our families, friends, favorite books...it just makes me happy. I love it.

Ok...time to start the grocery list :) Oh to be an ama de casa.

No comments: