Sunday, November 23, 2008

Idleness and other thoughts

Warning Against Idleness
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
-2 Thessalonians 3:6-13


and

She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
-Proverbs 31:27


Lately I have been extremely convicted of how much time I WASTE. It's like taking an hour and just flushing it down the toilet. This week I have really tried to be more organized at school, cook nicer meals, and really scrub the house down. I am also realizing just how I cannot do it all alone. So I am thankful for 1) The LORD who gives me strength and motivates me to take care of the things He has provided and 2) my husband who is such a good partner. I have tried to prioritize things better too, which has been helpful. I have tried to make lists of things that HAVE to be done and things I wish could be done.

I also am really wanting to make my classroom more engaging. Especially because some really bright students have been showing signs of boredom...and I can't let that happen. I am also thankful for a school that really supports new things I want to try and the ability to use technology in as many lessons as possible.

This has become the new facebook to me: http://allrecipes.com/

I am on this site daily and constantly finding new things to cook. I LOVE it.

So for this week, I'm looking forward to a short and ENGAGING week, and five days with my baby!

No comments: