Saturday, November 01, 2008

Why can't I just get it together?

Today hasn't been bad.

In fact, it's been really good. Joel and I woke up after 10, were lazy until 11 when he made pancakes and eggs and I drank coffee and looked up stuff for the local election. I tidied up a bit. Joel's mom stopped by and we chatted. We left around 1 to go the grocery store. We were 45 cents under budget. Eeek. We didn't get to the gym until close to 3, and stayed there for an hour and a half. By the time we got home and put away the groceries, it was after 5!

My plan of cleaning the house, grading the mountain of papers, starting report cards, and finishing (starting) our Crown homework before dinner went out the window.

I can't think of a day when I didn't feel completely scattered. It's like I can't focus on anything! I run around starting one project and then another and then cleaning the kitchen halfway before starting laundry and checking my email and....

I just wish my brain was organized.

Our house is cluttered. Not our room, really, but the living room and the guest room.

I just finished grading my science tests. I did them all in one go and now I'm going to work on grading writing. Then finishing math. Then social studies. Then putting it in one concise list so I can easily enter grades. I hope it works this way. I just ate a bunch of chips and queso so I should be good and not need dinner for a while. Joel's watching football, so I have no temptation to look up to see Jon and Kate Plus 8 :) My only distraction...the internet!

No comments: