Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Winter Walk Playlist

One of my favorite things about cold weather is taking walks alone in the late afternoon as the sun is setting.

I am so thankful for the office park/walkway near our house. Joel went to the gym this afternoon, so I decided to go for a walk.

I'm also thankful for the iPod nano he got me as a wedding present (I LOVE it) and the songs he put on it. The shuffle function was at its best today. This might have been the best random playlist of all time.

1) Hellogoodbye-Oh, It Is Love: What a cheesy song but it always makes me smile.
2) AM& Tina Dico- While My Guitar Gently Weeps ( I am generally skeptical of all Beatles' remakes but I think this one is great.)
3) Beck-Lost Cause
4) Andrew Bird-Fake Palindromes (monstahs?)
5) Sufjan Stevens - For The Widows In Paradise; For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti (an all-time, top ten favorite)
6) Leona Lewis-Bleeding Love (my bachelorette party song :)
7) The Weepies-World Spins Madly On
8) Rufus Wainwright-Across the Universe ( I hate to say this, but I must. I love this version more than the original. Rufus' voice plus my favorite pondering lyrics...perfection)
9) Jimmy Eat World-The Middle (guilty pleasure but this used to be my "running song")
10) Avett Brothers- I would be sad ("I meant what I said when I said I would rearrange my plans and change for you"...sigh)
11) Unkle Bob-Put a Record On (we absolutely love this song)
12) David Mead-Nashville (Always reminds me of The Love Campaign)
13) Postal Service-Brand New Colony
14) Black Eyed Peas-Pump It
15) Chris O'Brien-Hey Love
16) Death Cab for Cutie-Title and Registration
17) Jars of Clay-Waiting for the World to Fall
18) The Strokes-Someday

Now taking suggestions for additions to the winter walk playlist...

1 comment:

meredith* said...

i like that looking at this brought back fond memories (monstahs?) and reminded me of old favorites.

thank you for having good taste.


some things you might like for your walking times....

this is home- switchfoot
a time for yohe- between the trees
aqualung- if i fall
the call- regina spektor
rebellion (lies)-arcade fire
first day of my life-bright eyes
peace & hate- submarines
to build a home-cinematic orchestra
white shadows- coldplay
tinfoil hats- rocky votolato
sons&daughters- decemberists
starlight- muse
aside- the weakerthans
streamside-the album leaf (all of the album i have is instrumental, and one of my favorite contemplative walking playlists.)

enjoy, friend.