Monday, November 17, 2008

Today was a good day

School went smoothly today.

Truly, THANK THE LORD. I know tomorrow may bomb, but today, it felt good. The kids were well-behaved for the most part. We got good work done. We ended the day on a positive note.

I just need to record these good days to remember when other days aren't so good.

I did end the day feeling super yucky. Praise the Lord, my math group was cooperative and on-task so I was able to take it really easy. I literally couldn't stand up without feeling nauseous so I sat down and taught the lesson by saying, "Sarah, hold up what you've done so I can see it." I feel a little better now but I have been taking it super easy tonight. I have watched TV all night. Joel cooked dinner (yummy chili) and watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 with me.

(P.S. Did anyone else see her beautiful dress? My goodness. It was gorgeous.)

New recipe I love:
Thai Chicken Strips

* 2 tablespoons sesame oil
* boneless, skinless chicken sliced into strips
* Tablespoon hoisin sauce
* Tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter
* 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
* soy sauce to taste


DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oil in large skillet and cook chicken in canola oil until it is no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add Hoisin sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, and soy sauce Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is bubbly and warm, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately.

I think you can add cayenne pepper too, but I forgot. Next time I'll try it. We ate this last night with the couscous salad and it turned out really well.

Off to daydream about traveling and get ready for tomorrow :)

No comments: